Sunday, March 30, 2014

Summer fun

I tried something new with this layout.  I started with a kit from my 2013 stash.  (This is either Cocoa Daisy or Citrus Twist - I didn't save any paperwork on it.....)  I always feel the kits are so thin in the way of product and you have to purchase all of the add ons to get something decent to work with.  But then, I have drawers *full* of product I've purchased and hardly ever pull out and use.

I see everyone moving to this 'sort by color' way of organizing there rooms so I tried it.  I bought these cool 5x7 plastic bins at Michaels (pictures in another post) and sorted my drawers.  I can't tell you how many unopened product baggies are sitting in there.  Packs of journaling cards, overlays, dicuts and more.  I sat one night while watching Reign and sorted.

Then I came back to this already started layout and pulled my orange and blue plastic bins out.  I've never scrapped this way before.  I stuck with ONE paper line  or ONE kit.  There was no reasoning behind the fact that I pidgeon-holed myself into ONLY using the items in the kit.  This may not be a new concept to most people but it was to me.  Not anymore.  I had so much fun pulling stuff from here and there and not caring if it was a different manufacturer, if it matched, I pulled it out.

I *LOVE* creating in this fashion.  It freed my mind a little and I threw some really cool, layered layouts together.

Here's one.  A 2 pager no less.



Some up close shots.

 The tag is from the kit and its by Amy Tan.  I pulled 3 colors of DMC floss and stitched.  I loved the way the tag looked but it was also a very large 'space'.  I added flair, paper clips and more to dress it up.
 The sticker letters on this side are from Simple Stories.  They take on a whole new look when you add a very thin layer of Glossy Accents to them.
 Dog paper clip from Studio Calico, orange envelope from Fancy Pants, Happy Things tag from Chic Tags (paper is also Chic Tags), 'love' is from Jillibean Soup.
Sequins came in the kit and are from Lawn Fawn.

I used multiple flair pieces, all from different sets.

Linen Chevron
Linen Dots
Days of the week

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful 2 pager. Like how you layered everything up. So many details and a great use of flair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty pages. Love your color scheme and details. Sometimes I think just a bit of reorganizing is a great motivator. Glad you were able to find a method of organization that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa these are amazing, pinned for later! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both pages are awesome, love the colors! Glad to hear that having taken the time to color sort your embellishments has worked out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous layouts!!! I love the idea fo organizing by color. I just don't have a craft room to do that with just yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Glad you found something new that works for you. I'm really feeling like I need to shake things up a bit myself. I'm totally in a rut. I've been doing some sort by color -- just for embellishments -- and it's working for me too. :)

    ReplyDelete