Sunday, September 28, 2014

August & Everything After

If you're a fan of the Counting Crows, you'll understand the reference.  If not, go download some of their music.  Now.

I've been a fan of this band since a friend gave me a demo tape in High School.  They weren't even the Counting Crows yet, they were The Himalayans.

I first heard Mr. Jones in 1993 and fell in love.  Its not the Mr. Jones radio edit that *everyone* knows, its a slower, acoustic version.

To say I'm a *fan* is putting it lightly.  This band is the only band I've ever purchased every album for. No other band or singer has been so consistent for me.  Every song, every line, every story Adam Duritz tells means something to me.  They got me through tough times in college, breakups, a loss of a really good friend etc.

I've lost count for how many times I've seen them live.... but its a lot.  I now drag my husband to their concerts and slowly, they've grown on him.  They have enough guitar and rock in them to spark an interest for him.  Thank goodness.  :)

So when they announced their first studio album in over 4 years *and* a summer tour, you know I'd get my hands on tickets.  And I did.  I sat, ready to hit buy the second those suckers went on sale.  I even splurged and got the VIP Experience - which was an early birthday present for myself.  Sadly, I bought the tickets in March and had to wait until AUGUST to go.

A long wait but worth every second.  I got to experience sound check AND meet the band.  I just about peed my pants when I stood next to Adam for the picture.  I was truly Starstruck.

 I used a recent Scraptastic kit that was very music themed.  It was revealed right before I left for the concert and it was perfect!
 I had Shelley create some custom {flair} for me.
 The Jillibean Soup diecuts and Heidi Swapp stickers made this page.  I added Glossy Accents to random bits here and there on the page to make them stand out more.



Scraptastic may have more of these kits, so run over there to get one.  And I know Shelley loaded the concert {flair} in the shop.  Grab a set of those!  I'll be adding more of that set to a mini album I'm making for the entire getaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment