Saturday, January 10, 2015

Travel Layouts

One of the things I've been meaning to work on and always push to the side are layouts from our 2006 trip to the Baltic region.

I've collected papers and embellishments for years thinking 'this paper is perfect for that picture of....'.   You'd think with all this perfect material, I'd scrap something right?

Nah.  My focus has always been on the new.  As I go through everything I'm re-finding the stuff I purchased and its like new again.  I'm still putting stuff aside that I will never use.

Here are 3 quick layouts I did at the retreat to document some of my favorite stops on the cruise.
All over Denmark you find bikes.  They're on every corner.  I just found it fascinating that people can get around a city like this when everything is so far away where I live.  We're so used to cars and freeways.
 Studio Calico bike stamp.

 A Flair for Buttons bike flair and Studio Calico stamp.
 Nyhavn in Copenhagen.  My favorite place.  I liked to sit and people watch here.  All those colorful buildings are fun to look at too.  I pulled out those Heidi Swapp clear acetate letters too.
 More AFFB flair, stamp is from Cocoa Daisy.



 I tried to get a straight shot of this one but it just wouldn't work.  This is not my favorite layout but its done.   Papers are from Carta Bella.
 Flair from a Flair for Buttons Etsy shop.

Got a few more to share but I still need to photograph them.  And shocker of all shockers, I started working on my December Daily.  I have all the stuff to get it done but I lost that drive.  I printed the pictures last night so we'll see what all I can get done before I go back to work.

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful pages, you've mastered the use of the horizontal stripe. And good luck getting your Dec Daily to come together.

    ReplyDelete