Thursday, March 19, 2015

NYE Layout

I took a lot of photos on NYE this year.  I found a SelfieSnap while present shopping and figured it would be a good way to get pictures of all 3 of us.  It was a blast!  N was excited to use it as well.  I took about 100 photos and I narrowed it down to just a few to use on a layout.

This uses the Cirque kit from Studio Calico (this is the first kit in a very long time that I had to have almost everything.)  Even thought there is a lot of pink, there was enough gold and blue that this kit caught my eye.  And those HUGE letters.....had to have them.  I even bought 2 kits just so I had extras.
Normally those round overlay things wouldn't appeal to me but I totally found a use for them!
 I added flair from the A Flair For Buttons Etsy shop to random photos.  None of my photos are high quality but it doesn't matter.  I captured the moment for the first time and I was actually in the photos. I'm usually never in photos like these.


 The top layer flips up and I have more photos tucked on the inside.

I used the New Year Eve Gold set from the shop.

This is another layout using the Cirque kit from SC.  I really love the blue and gold combo!


 I used more flair from the A Flair For Buttons Etsy store.  I'm addicted to flair!  If you do too, head over to the shop.  Shelley adds new sets all the time.  I can't keep up!
 Thats the new Crate Paper self inking stamp - had to have it because I love that saying.  The stars are from Studio Calico.  I bought 207 packages of these stars when they were released and I sprinkle them in from time to time.  they're just a classic embellishment and I'll never get tired of them!
And those gold hearts!  Swoon!

Not that I seem to have found my creative mojo again, you'll be seeing more of me around these parts.  I kind of missed it and just throwing together some layouts reminded me that getting creative is what keeps me sane.  With all the pressure in life I need this.  My husband has promised me that he'll take some of the burdens off my shoulders so I can get least an hour a week to decompress in my room.

And then of course, there is the retreat in May.  So Excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment